The Hot Melt processing with hot melt adhesives can technically be settled between injection molding and casting technique.
The possible applications of injection molded parts are almost unlimited. However, the following main areas can be named:
- Overmolding of plugs
- Overmolding of protective sleeves
- Overmolding of electronic components
Generally, a standard equipped BOY machine can sufficiently process hotmelt. Options are available to optimize individual applications.
The small amounts of hotmelt that need to be melted per cycle and its superior adjustability provide many advantages.
Compared to customary embedding machines, those are:
- Rapid color change
- Little material loss
- Favourable for long flow paths
- Advantages regarding difficult wall thickness conditions
- Less material strain because of short residence times
- Easy attainability of high injection speeds
- Good filling properties for voluminous parts
- Generally reduced investment cost
- Pratically all thermoplastic material (e.g. PVC, TPE and PA) can still be processed
BOY has also developed numerous special technologies for ceramic and metal powder processing.